This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
Work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
After successfully completion of this qualification, students may have the opportunity to progress into Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
All students are required to have access to a computer and the Microsoft Office suite, Chef whites and Knives
Credit may be assigned for the recognition of equivalence in content and learning outcomes between different types of learning and/or qualifications. Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) reduces the amount of learning required to achieve a qualification.
Students must be over 18 years of age. Student visa applicants are required to provide the results of an English language test. ASMI will accept test results from the following specified English language tests for student visa purposes taken in any country:
- The TOEFL Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test (also known as Certificate in Advanced English).
Students are required to reach a minimum level of English: IELTS 6.5 (with no individual band less than 5.0) or TOEFL 530 or ISLPR 2+. For further advice or assistance, please contact the International Student Manager.
Classroom Based – offered in Brisbane and Sydney, classroom and workplace-based (combination of training and assessment delivery methods, including written assessment, portfolio of evidence.
RPL – offered in Australia, external based (combination of assessment of written evidence, practical observation and competency conversations), duration and fees will be determined by quality of evidence submitted and amount of gap training required. For more information on the RPL process please visit our website asmitraining.edu.au
Fees and Funding Arrangements
Option 1 (104 weeks Certificate III in Commercial Cookery + Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery + Diploma of Hospitality Management Package) Administration Fee: $100.00, Resource Fees: $470.00, Tuition Fees: $19,000.00
Option 2 (135 weeks Certificate III in Commercial Cookery + Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery + Diploma of Hospitality Management + Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management Package) Administration Fee: $100.00, Resource Fees: $600.00, Tuition Fees: $22,500.00
Students must successfully complete 14 mandatory core unit in order to achieve this qualification:
- BSBFIN601 Manage organisational finances
- BSBOPS601 Develop and implement business plans
- SITXCCS016 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN010 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXFIN011 Manage physical assets
- SITXGLC002 Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people
- SITXHRM010 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM012 Monitor staff performance
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT005 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMPR014 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- SITXWHS008 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
Students must successfully complete 19 elective units of competency in order to achieve this qualification:
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHKOP013* Plan cooking operations
- SITHCCC023* Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC027* Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC028* Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC029* Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC030* Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC031* Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
- SITHCCC035* Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC036* Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC037* Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC041* Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC042* Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- SITXINV008 Control stock
- BSBTWK501 Lead diversity and inclusion
- SITXHRM008 Roster staff
- SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Elective unit selection may be contextualised to business requirements. All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.