Future Students

application and enrolmentvisa applicationdeparture preparationaccommodation

Decide on a course

Application process

  1. Direct to us or download the application form and questionnaire from  ASMI website
  2. Contact an education agent in your region or countries
    • Submit an application from and questionnaire
    • attached requested documentation to the application from
    • evidences which verify previous learning or work experience or course credits. These document should be in English
    • issuing a letter of offer
    • accepting offer and payment
    • receiving an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (e COE)
    • Visa application ( COE and OSHC cover needed)

You will contact our education agents or Australian Embassy in your country.

More information: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/

This checklist is to help with your preparation:

  • Check your passport is valid for at least 6 moths, and make copies of your passport
  • eCOE
  • Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
  • Travel Insurance
  • Student accommodation is arranged
  • Finance arrangements including personal expenses
  • Book a ticket
  • Emergency contact phone and email details
  • Australian currency (you can exchange money at Australian airports or ATM machines)
  • Arrangements for travelling to your accommodation

You can choose from a number of accommodation options including temporary accommodation such as hotels, motels, youth hostels and backpackers upon arrival, and permanent rentals for long term living.  Before choosing, here’s a few things you might want to take into consideration first:

  • do I want to live with other students?
  • do I want to live alone?
  • what is my budget?
  • how long will I stay?
  • is my accommodation close to public transport?

Hostels provide budget accommodation where guests can rent a bed, rooms can be mixed or single-sex (private rooms may be available). Guests share a room, bathroom, lounge and sometimes a kitchen.  For a selection of different hostels, visit hostels.com.

Student accommodation
Student accommodation features a range of apartment styles in different configurations, from studio through to shared four, five and six bedroom apartments. Most have facilities such as:

  • fully furnished bedrooms with or without en-suite
  • air-conditioned
  • internet
  • online booking and reservations system
  • gym
  • onsite laundry
  • outdoor courtyard with BBQ
  • bicycle storage
  • in-house recreation and social areas
  • study areas
  • some accommodation may provide a 24-hour reception, after hour’s security

UniLodge Student Accommodation





Rental property
When renting a property in Australia there a few things you need to remember:

  1. make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions of any tenancy agreement before you sign
  2. if you pay a security deposit, rent, electricity, gas etc. make sure you ask for a receipt
  3. if you are moving into shared accommodation with other people, be prepared to make some compromises

if you are unsure about signing a tenancy agreement or have any questions regarding

  1. rental properties contact the state government tenancy authority
  2. if you have problems with your landlord or real estate agent that you cannot resolve, you can lodge a dispute/complaint and the tenancy authority will then help to resolve the problem through a formal process.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)
1300 366 311 (for the cost of a local call)
13 14 50 Translating and Interpreting Service

NSW Government Fair Trading
13 32 20 (for the cost of a local call)
13 14 50 Translating and Interpreting Service

Share house
In a share house, a weekly rent is charged for a furnished or unfurnished room. You pay a portion of the total rent plus additional costs such as electricity, gas, telephone and internet. You usually have your own room and share facilities such as a kitchen, bathroom and living areas with other members of the household. It is usual for rent to be paid two weeks in advance, and when starting a tenancy, a ‘bond’ (security deposit) of four weeks rent is required. In most circumstances you are required to sign a tenancy agreement for a minimum period of six months.

Real estate agent operated
You might also find shared accommodation which is operated by a property agent. Large purpose built accommodation blocks for students and young people are available across Brisbane and Sydney. You pay a flat rate to the agent and this will include your room, electricity, gas, etc. Payment conditions of two weeks rent in advance, four weeks bond and a six month signed tenancy agreement apply.

If you want to rent your own house or apartment, this can be done directly with an owner or a property agent. Contracts must be signed stating that you will pay to live in the property for a minimum of six months, weekly rent does not cover the cost of electricity, gas or telephone charges and you generally need to supply your own furniture. Rent is paid two to four weeks in advance along with payment of a bond or security deposit equal to an additional four weeks’ rent before you move in.

realestate.com.au domain.com.au thepad.com.au
flatmates.com.au brisbanestudents.com.au