This qualification reflects the role of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities. At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals.
Community Care Manager, Coordinator of Volunteer Work, Team Leader, Care Team Leader, Family Services Coordinator, Support Facilitator
After successfully completion of this qualification, students may have the opportunity to progress into CHC52115 – Diploma of Community Development.
Students are required to have access to a computer with suitable word processing software and will require access to the internet for research purposes.
Credit may be assigned for the recognition of equivalence in content and learning outcomes between different types of learning and/or qualifications. Credit reduces the amount of learning required to achieve a qualification.
Students must undergo a working police check and have a valid blue card before undertaking work placement. For further information, please visit bluecard.qld.gov.au.
Students applying to access Higher Level Skills funded places will be required to meet the eligibility requirements applicable to the funding program.
Higher Level Skills Funding Eligibility
- Queensland resident
- Aged 15 years or over who is no longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundations skills training.
- Currently working in the community services sector
Students must complete a training and employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the qualification.
Workplace-Based – offered in Brisbane, classroom and workplace-based (a combination of training and assessment delivery methods, including written assessment, portfolio of evidence, logbook, and practical observation including 100 hours of vocational placement), 24 months full time and 48 months part-time.
Recognition of Prior Learning – offered in Australia, externally based (a combination of assessment of written evidence, practical observation, and competency conversations), duration and fees will be determined by the quality of evidence submitted and amount of gap training required. For more information on the RPL process please visit our website asmitraining.edu.au.
Classroom – n/a
Fees and Funding Arrangements
Option 1:(Higher Level Skills Funding*)
- Concessional $46.00 [Admin Fee: $30.00 + Tuition Fee: $16.00]
- Non-Concessional $78.00 [Admin Fee: $30.00 + Tuition Fees: $48.00]
*Higher Level Skills funding fee available to eligible participants only. Concessional participants – Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island/ health card card and Pensioner card holders
Option 2 (Fee For Service) :Administration Fee: $30.00,Tuition Fees: $4000.00
Students must successfully complete 15 mandatory core unit in order to achieve this qualification:
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
- CHCADV002 Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCCSM004 Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
- CHCINM001 Meet statutory and organisation information requirements
- CHCPOL002 Develop and impalement policy
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- CHCCDE007 Develop and provide community projects