After successful completion of this qualification, students may have the opportunity to progress into other nationally recognised courses with ASMI.
Students are required to have access to a computer with suitable word processing software and will require access to the internet for research purposes.
Credit may be assigned for the recognition of equivalence in content and learning outcomes between different types of learning and/or qualifications. Credit reduces the amount of learning required to achieve a qualification and may be acquired through Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Students are required to reach a minimum level of English: IELTS 5.5 (with no individual band less than 5.0) or TOEFL 530 or ISLPR 2+.
For further advice or assistance, please contact the International Student Manager.
Other IELTS equivalence :
- PTE Academic 42
- Cambridge (adv) 47
- OET: Pass
Notes: Tests older than two years are not acceptable
(the snapshot under each course does not have this information which is required)
Classroom Based – offered in Brisbane and Sydney, classroom based (combination of training and assessment delivery methods, including written assessment, portfolio of evidence and practical observation), 10 weeks full time.
RPL – offered in Australia, external based (combination of assessment of written evidence, practical observation and competency conversations), duration and fees will be determined by quality of evidence submitted and amount of gap training required.
Classroom Based – Administration Fee: $200.00, Tuition Fees: $2,250.00
Classroom Based – Administration Fee: $200.00, Tuition Fees: $2,800.00
Some of the major features of the course include:
- A focus on academic reading through exposure to IELTS test-length texts and the development of the reading skills needed for the test
- A focus on academic writing through the development of writing skills built up from sentence level
- A focus on listening through exposure to IELTS test type listening texts and the development of the listening skills needed for the test
- A focus on speaking through the development of the speaking skills needed to do well in the IELTS Speaking module
- An exam briefing on each module and key exam task types
- An outline of key strategies for tackling individual questions
- Practice in key areas of grammar
- A wide range of vocabulary development and problem-solving tasks
- Practice tests in exam format to prepare you for the complete IELTS test
International (Brisbane) – Download
International (Sydney) – Download