After successful completion of this qualification, students may have the opportunity to enter into other qualifications in the SIT Training Package.
Students must have access to a workplace that has personal protective equipment in place, including appropriate head attire and suitable tools of the trade.
Credit may be assigned for the recognition of equivalence in content and learning outcomes between different types of learning and/or qualifications. Credit reduces the amount of learning required to achieve a qualification and may be acquired through Credit Transfer or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Students are required to reach a minimum level of English: IELTS 5.5 (with no individual band less than 5.0) or TOEFL 530 or ISLPR 2+. For further advice or assistance, please contact the International Student Manager.
Other IELTS equivalence :
- PTE Academic 42
- Cambridge (adv) 47
- OET: Pass
Notes: Tests older than two years are not acceptable
(the snapshot under each course does not have this information which is required)
Workplace Based – offered in Queensland, workplace based (combination of assessment methods, including written assessment, portfolio of evidence and practical observation), 6 months (assessment only, no gap training).
RPL – offered in Australia, external based (combination of assessment of written evidence, practical observation and competency conversations), duration and fees will be determined by quality of evidence submitted and amount of gap training required.
Workplace Based (Fee for Service): Administration Fee: $30.00, Tuition Fees: $4,000.00
Students must successfully complete 23 mandatory core unit in order to achieve this qualification:
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHASC001 Prepare dishes using basic methods of Asian cookery
- SITHASC002 Prepare Asian appetisers and snacks
- SITHASC003 Prepare Asian stocks and soups
- SITHASC004 Prepare Asian sauces, dips and accompaniments
- SITHASC005 Prepare Asian salads
- SITHASC006 Prepare Asian rice and noodles
- SITHASC008 Prepare Asian cooked dishes
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
Students must successfully complete 7 elective units of competency in order to achieve this qualification:
- BSBITU201 Produce simple word documents
- SITHASC007 Prepare curry pastes and powders
- SITHASC009 Prepare Asian desserts
- SITHASC014 Prepare dim sum
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXINV001 Receive and store stock
- SITXINV004 Control stock
Elective unit selection may be contextualised to business requirements. All electives chosen must contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.